By: Regina Dickson
As the Halloween celebrations wrap up and we sit at Starbucks, sipping our peppermint mochas, admiring the newly-released Christmas merchandise, we can’t help but wonder what the celebs got up to this week. Yet more importantly, what were they wearing?
Here’s a glimpse of Canadian celebrity looks from this year’s Halloween festivities.
1. The Weeknd
Canadian-born singer The Weeknd and girlfriend, model Bella Hadid dressed up as Lydia and Beetlejuice, from Tim Burton’s 1988 fantasy/horror film Beetlejuice.
2. Avril Lavigne dressed up as a pirate for a Just Jared Halloween bash.
3. Prime Minister Justin Trudeau was Sherlock Holmes as he took part in Halloween
celebrations with his family at Rideau Hall in Ottawa. His wife Sophie was a zombie bride, while the rest of the family dressed up in other outfits of their choice.
4. Celine Dion didn’t dress up this year, at least not in public, but she did post a goofy Halloween photo of her and her sons wearing rotten teeth with a caption, “Happy Halloween ! Don’t eat too much candy, it’s not good for your teeth ! 😜👻🎃 - Céline xx…”
5. Vancouver-born actor and film director Jason Priestley and his daughter Ava played around with some eye-catching Halloween face paint.
6. Nina Dobrev, former Ryerson University student and Canadian-Bulgarian actress dressed up as a baby star, inspired by the 2018 remake of the film A Star is Born, staring Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper.
7. Canadian TV personality, host of Love It or List It Vancouver and former ABC Bachelorette Jillian Harris and her family dressed up as characters from Alice in Wonderland.
Who’s ready to have another go at Halloween right about now?
Hopefully by scrolling through some of this year’s celebrity costumes you’ve been inspired to concoct something extra creative for next year.